Tuesday, January 04, 2011

She said: "I wake up and it is dark. I know where I am and I begin to cry. I'm in my bed, in my house, next to my husband, and down the hall from our son. I am crying because I am still here and I am still ill and I know that I will not get better, only worse, little by little. Little by little I am slipping away and I will soon be almost gone. It will take some time, and at the end I will have all the time in the world, but I won't know what to do with it. For the moment, I am still and the house is quiet. The cat wants to be fed and knows that I am awake, but I sit back on my pillow and I feel what it is like to be a part of a family and a part of a circle of friends and I feel better knowing that I still know what to love and what to keep in my heart."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter