Sunday, January 16, 2011

She said: "When the words start to come to me, I have to stop what I'm doing right then, in order to catch the words before they blow away. Language is so fragile! If I don't run them down, they get away and all that I have left is a few commas, or a few nouns, maybe, if I'm lucky. You can't do much with a comma and a stray noun. It can be very exciting, tho. When the messages come to me, I feel that I have a purpose here; the purpose given to me is to capture the words and make them straight and true so that anyone, not just me, can have the opportunity to see what comes through us and then is forever captured on paper; or even on the palm of your hand. I feel very lucky that I am one of the people who can do this. There aren't many of us. It's a lot of work. But I love it! The only thing that wound be better is knowing where the words come from. I would love to know where they are birthed and how is it that they come to us. But, truly, I don't think I'll ever be given that knowledge and, you know, that's O.K. I don't want to ask for too much."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter