Tuesday, February 22, 2011

He said: "I grew up in an era of endless war. I saw my older brothers go into the "service" and not return home except in a pine box. I saw my parents grow old in war. I was the youngest son and was the last to be called, but by then the wars were folding up and there wasn't a lot for me to do but to fill up the body bags and stay safe. I hate war. I hated war more after I was called into service. I just never understood the reason for it. One man on one man in a argument is one thing. I was pretty good in the pub when a fight started. But I could never quite get what out and out war between nations or states could accomplish except, maybe, to get rid of a lot of hungry, poor people. It just never made any sense to me. I survived, but war didn't make me any smarter, or richer, or different, except it made me hate war all the more."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter