Friday, January 28, 2011

He said: "Do you remember the dreams of your youth? Boy, I sure remember mine. I wanted to be a football hero and a movie star and a body builder and a hero. Oh, and a Scientist who would discover all kinds of cures to save the lives of people across the globe. And, I would be famous and I would be rich and I would have a lovely wife and many children who would be smart and would adore me. Well, I got the wife part right. I don't know why our dreams don't become realities more often than they do. I guess we forget them as time goes on and reality takes over or something. I guess I just got distracted by living every day. Stuff happens. Isn't that what they say? I didn't realize all of my dreams, but I got some of them OK. I guess that's pretty good in the long run. I guess it's better not to realize the dreams of your youth than to not have had any dreams at all."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Blogger adrian said...

I must say, I do enjoy reading your blog when I get the chance.

May I ask why you chose to present your writings in a "S/He said" format? It's very interesting.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Jim Landry said...

Thanks for the comment, and please come back. I use the "he" and "she" because that's the way they come to me and, I guess, it's seems more fair."

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter