Monday, January 24, 2011

She said: "Oh, the wind is so cold today; I can feel the chill run right through me. Oh, I hate the Winter cold. I try each year to bare it, but each year I hate it more: the wind, the cold, the greyness of it all; the fact that the leaves are gone and the flowers are dead and I hate having to open the door knowing what is behind it. I'm getting older each year. Other people my age go to warm places in Winter. I have my home here, so this is where I stay. It is where my people are. It is where I grew up. But, now, things are changing. The more time that goes by, the more doors are closing on me and the more I feel the cold coming in. Please don't leave me here alone. I need the warmth of your company. I'll make some hot tea; we could talk. There are so many doors that are closing now; so many doors closing to me now. Won't you please let me in now; I want to be warm, so please let me in."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter