Monday, February 28, 2011

He said: "I wish that I could walk away from this war. I wish that I could walk away from the racism of this war. I wish that instead of killing these people, I could, in some way, help them live a better life. I wish I didn't have to see the things I've seen here. I wish that I could feel like something positive would be the result of my being here. I wish that the horror could stop, both for me and for the people, men, woman, and children, who are the victims of all this horror. I wish that I had known more, had researched and studied more in school so that I didn't have to be here. I wish that being here wasn't the only option that I could think of before I enlisted and came here. I wish this war would end. I wish that all of the people that I have killed or all of the brave men and woman that have died here, could magically be returned to their loved ones as happy, smiling, people who are just trying to get from one paycheck to the next, but who are full of love and happiness, and live with the knowledge that the next day will always be a little bit better than today. And that no one had to die."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter