Monday, September 19, 2011

She said: "It was after I lost the cat that things changed. Sounds silly, doesn't it? I loved my cat and she just got real sick. I thought it was because of the heat, but she got some virus in her and by the time I finally got her to the vet's , it was too late. She was in real pain. I held her in my lap as they "put her down". It only took a moment, really. Well, of course I cried, but not as much as I thought I might. I felt free in some way. I loved that cat. She wasn't really that old, you know. But, after she passed, I didn't have anything to hold me back. I didn't have to arrange things when I was out of town. I could not just go whenever I wanted. And I did. I had always wanted to see France. So, I went to France. Then Jamaica. Then Australia. Then Berlin. That's where I met Frank. We just hit it off at once. He is a cat lover too, but doesn't have one now. His tabby passed a few weeks before my own cat. Isn't that funny? Two old cat lovers meet in some far away place and all we could talk about was our cats. Well, there you go. Life is funny that way. It's hard to say exactly how it will all work out in the end."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Anonymous summerhathway said...

your photos are so nice.

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter