Monday, November 01, 2010

She said: "I have never been afraid of the dark, or anything like that. I think that if you have both your feet on the ground, well, then you don't have anything to fear. You know? Reality is real! So, when I was growing up with my sisters, I always got the best haul for Holloween, because I just couldn't be scared. If some boy or other tried to scare me, I just walked up to them in the dark and pulled down their mask for everyone to see; so everyone could see who the jerk was. 'Course, that didn't make me real popular among a certain segment of folk, but, hey, I didn't care. Not one bit. It's been the same my whole life. As I got older, I got braver. You know I joined the armed services, right? They mainly kept the woman folk where they wouldn't be all bloodied up for the newpapers, but I was usually right there with the rest of them. I got as close to the front line as I could, 'cause I wasn't afraid to be there. Anyway, it's still the same now. I don't worry too much and I'm not afraid of anything on God's green earth, and from my perspective, not all dark places need light. While some places are dark for a reason, you don't ever have to be afraid, really. You just got to be strong."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter