Tuesday, May 31, 2011

He said: "When I think about cars, I think about my father, who is now in his late 80s. He was the one who bought the cars. Being a guy, and since cars were a guy thing, he was the one who picked out the car and who paid for the car. On long family trips, he was the driver, because that's what men do. They drive. When the cars broke down on the way to some place, Dad was the one who was responsible for getting a tow to the nearest garage. He was the one who did the car "stuff". Mom drove the kids around to school events, and she drove to the grocery store. That all fell under the category of "Home Work". Dad got the cars, but Mom got the house and most of the stuff it is. The kids?. We were just passing through. My sister would one day have a home to rule over. Me and my Brother: We had the cars."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter