Friday, May 06, 2011

She said: "I've always, from the time I was a little girl, liked the dark. I like the blankness of the dark and the quiet. I like pulling the covers on the bed over my head so that no light whatsoever is visible to me. In the dark, I see things. I see floating whiteness. I like the quiet of the dark. In the dark is where I do my thinking. Ideas come to me faster in the dark than they do in the light. I think that the dark is more natural to humans than the light. Light needs a star or something to make it shine. The dark doesn't need anything. It is what it is. It is the dark. When I want to be alone, which is often. I go to the cinema and watch a movie in the dark. Movies tell me all that I need to know about life in America. In the movie theater I hear what is going on in or culture. I like no-so-fresh popcorn, like they serve you at the cinema. But, mostly, I just like sitting alone in the dark, watching the light move around me."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter