Saturday, April 30, 2011

He said: I had a very strange dream. Honestly, I don't know where these things come from. In this dream last night, I was going to heaven in a 1957 Pontiac convertible. Leather seats. The whole thing. I was going pretty fast, with the top down, but there was absolutely no traffic at all. I guess that kind of makes sense. Of course Heaven wouldn't have traffic jams. That's one of the many reason why it's "Heaven". Anyway, I'm not sure why I was driving to heaven. I guess it has to be better than driving to hell. Probably you'd drive a real "beater" to Hell. So, anyway, here I was in this great car, but I was by myself. There was no girl friend or wife and whatever in the front seat with me. I don't remember what, if anything, was in the back. And I don't know why Heaven was my destination. I'm not really going to try to figure that part out. I'm just going to take is as I think it was in the dream. I'd say that it was a fairly positive dream, as dreams go. But, there is this uncomfortable part of the dream that I worry about. If I'm on my way to heaven, wouldn't that mean that I would have to be dead?"
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin Fair said...

It sounds like connecting with possibility at its roots--to go or not to go. To be by oneself, perhaps dead or just in another place...hmm...the things memory and desire do to us in dreams.

Cool blog--where do these quotes come from?

9:14 PM  
Blogger Jim Landry said...

Thanks for the comment, Justin. Come back for more, altho I tend to post irregularly. As for the "quotes", they come from my twisted head.

Cheers

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter