Friday, June 10, 2011

He said: "Ya know? I always wanted to be someone special. Not that I'm not, but, you know, I wanted to make a name for myself somehow. I wanted to stand out from the crowd and be someone that people would admire and, you know, look up to. Someone who was over and above. I didn't have the faintest clue how someone like me could be someone like that, but I worked hard to find out somehow. I couldn't even tell you why I wanted to be this way. Maybe it was because my Mom and Dad didn't have everything that they wanted. We just didn't have a lot of money when I was growing up. Then Dad died suddenly and, you know, times were bad. I went to school to study medicine, but I had to drop out and make some money. I got married and then the babies started coming and then, well, I don't know how to say it, I guess life just took over. Just like it does with most people. I don't know how a guy like me gets recognized for doing something well or being someone that folks admire, or any of that. I don't know how a regular guy with dreams gets to live those dreams out. I'm just a regular guy. I don't know how you get "in" on any of the good stuff. I'm just trying to make it happen for me and my family. I think we can get better and do better. I guess time will tell."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

3 Comments:

Blogger hapi said...

Hi Jim Landry, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

5:25 AM  
Blogger Jim Landry said...

THANKS!

12:08 PM  
Blogger thiago de mello said...

im loving to read your blog
a whole universe there!
its really amazing!!!
congratulations.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter