Sunday, June 05, 2011

She said: "I always wanted to be a dancer. I don't know why; my body somehow drove me to that decision. I didn't struggle or worry about this choice. My body knew, so I went with it. I loved the physical part of it, even when I got hurt doing something too fast or too slow or if my timing was off. I loved feeling the air rush around me. I loved being somewhere in the air for a moment; if only for a moment. I loved seeing my friends in the company rush by me and then vanish. Dance was the world I chose to live in. Dancers became my tribe. I ate, drank, cried for, hurt for, did everything for one thing: Dance. I don't dance so much anymore. My feet are shot for one thing; I tire easily and I'm often in pain. I'm older now, so I don't move so fast. I'm still in the company. We are growing old together; I love the younger dancers who have come in to join us. I love the way they look and the way there throw their bodies into the air. I love watching what once was mine."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter