Friday, November 04, 2011

She said: "I was never afraid. Not once even. I was made of sterner stuff. I was from Texas. That, in itself, explains why I didn't fold. I would never fold. It just wasn't in me. When someone said something or did something that I thought was just wrong, I let them know what I thought. Didn't matter if they were the garbage man or the President. Same thing. So when those young men came into my store, which first was my daddy's store before he died and I took over, well when they came in and told me that they wanted all the money and the jewelery, I was prepared. I knew that they had to be from out of town, 'cause there was no one in this town stupid enough to hold me up. I kept a pistol and a rifle under the table and I shot and killed the small one, and shot the bigger one on his crotch, so he went down too. The third one ran faster than I ever saw anyone from anywhere run. There was the mess after, of course. With the police and the court and just the to do of it all. But I stuck it out. This is my home, my town, my daddy's memory. There will never be anyone who will make me give up. I will never give up. Ever!"
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter