Wednesday, July 13, 2011

He said: "It was like what I think Hell must be like. Everything was on fire. The sky was fire and everything that I could see was on fire. I could feel the heat on me. It felt like sheets of fire covering me. It was hard to see because of the fire, even though there wasn't a lot of smoke. It was all just fire. I don't think any of us knew what started it. It had been dry for a few months so no one was very surprised when the fire started. What was a bit of a surprise was how fast everything burned. After the fire started it took on a life of it's own. It became like a living thing. We could not contain it. We could not tell it where to go. It had it's own will. All we could do was watch and try to stay out of it's way. All we could do was watch as it burned up everything that we had. All we could do was to try to stay away from the flames and let it take what it wanted. That's all we could do."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter