Tuesday, November 15, 2011

He said: "Oh, she was smart all right. She was smart and she was sassy. That's just the way I like a woman. It's important to have a good laugh from time to time. Me: I try to make sure I wake up laughing and go to bed with a smile. And, lord, this woman fit the bill. She was sassy, and she was smart, and she was funny, and she wasn't afraid to be a little bit salty, too. And I needed to have someone to laugh to and to enjoy a good story with. The doctors told me why I was hurting down there. It's cancer and I don't think I'm going to be laughing for too much longer. It was a shock to get that news. But that's just the way things go. I'm doing the best I can and she comes over a couple times a week and we sit on the porch and chat and tell stories and laugh about it all. For right now, that's what's keeping me going. That's why I want to stay alive, so I can see what the next punch line is gonna be."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter