Monday, December 19, 2011

He said: "Sometimes I'll think I see him in the room. Then I remember that he's dead. He was my best friend for 20 or so years. I think about him from time to time. I'll wonder how he's doing. I'll want to call him to talk about a film that I just saw, or about a new song I just heard, but then I'll feel sad because I know that he wont answer the phone. I kind of forget from time to time that he's been gone now for over 20 years. It just don't feel right that he's not alive like everyone else. I know I shouldn't feel the way I do sometime. I know that I'm being selfish. He had the best exit of anyone I have ever known. He went out to dinner with his friend. Then he came home and sat down at the piano and died. Just like that. No hospital, no doctors, no tubes up your nose, none of that heroic restarting the heart. No long, painful recovery. He just came home and died. I still miss him though. Especially when I know that he won't answer my call."
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter